HGC COVID-19 Travel Policy Update
Thank you so much for your ongoing efforts to mitigate COVID-19 spread in 2020. It has been an incredibly challenging year for everyone. The Medical Advisory Committee appreciates all members' compliance with our policies as Hollywood has been an oasis for its members. Thank you again and please read the following as we have updated our travel quarantine requirements. Additionally, we have also included further information should you and your families need it during the winter.
Prior to your visit at Hollywood Golf Club during a state of health emergency and pandemic, please be advised of the following:
Hollywood Golf Club complies with New Jersey State Health Department and CDC guidelines. We are putting trust in our members, guests, and staff to be honest and transparent about their current state of health.
Our Members', guests' and staff's health and safety are paramount, and all agree to only enter the property if they are, to the best of their knowledge, symptom and exposure free for COVID-19.
To reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 we are asking you to review the following data from the NJDOH and the CDC. For the safety of our members, their guests and staff please review and consider if you have any symptoms or potential exposure to COVID-19.
Symptoms may appear up to 14 days after exposure to the virus. People with the following symptoms may have COVID-19. We expect full transparency if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or are exhibiting any of the symptoms listed below. We also require full disclosure if you have been in "close contact" with someone known to be COVID-19 positive. A close contact is defined as being within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more, within a 24-hour period, starting 2 days before illness began or 2 days before testing. If you live with or share a home with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 you are considered a close contact.
The following are known symptoms of COVID-19:
• Fever or chills
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Muscle or body aches not associated with recent workouts
• New loss of taste or smell (anosmia)
• Sore throat
• Congestion or runny nose
• Nausea or vomiting
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, we recommend you notify the Club and your healthcare professional. Please avoid entering the grounds of Hollywood Golf Club until your COVID-19 status is proven negative.
Currently New Jersey strongly recommends against any and all travel. The current guidelines for New Jersey are adapted from CDC guidelines and are in effect at Hollywood Golf Club:
• Travelers and residents returning from any US state or territory beyond the immediate border (NY, CT, PA, DE) should self-quarantine at home, hotel or other temporary lodging.
• If travel is unavoidable, travelers should be tested with a "viral test", not a blood test, 1-3 days before the trip and again 3-5 days after the trip. We will require proof of testing to be forwarded to our General Manager, Salil S. Bokil at email@example.com
• If a traveler tests negative (before traveling) they should quarantine for a full 7 days after travel.
• If testing is not available (or results are delayed), travelers should quarantine for 10 days after travel.
The following are some updated bullet points for yourselves or your family should you test positive or require any immediate COVID-19 information from the Department of Health:
• If you test positive for COVID-19 and have symptoms you should isolate for 10 days after symptoms first appeared. At this point you should be at least 24 hours without fever and use of Tylenol to reduce fever. All symptoms except loss of taste/smell should be improving.
• If you tested positive and do not have symptoms you should isolate for 10 days after your positive test result.
The following is the CDC recommendation for "close contacts":
• Those with no symptoms should isolate for 14 days. A negative test does not change the length of quarantine. Hollywood will ask close contacts to quarantine away from HGC for 14 days.
• Those with symptoms should isolate for 10 days from symptom onset and seek immediate medical attention for testing and medical care. A negative test does not change the length of quarantine.
The Medical Advisory Committee, in conjunction with the Board at Hollywood Golf Club, encourages transparency and we are here to support any and all questions you may have regarding COVID-19 and the ongoing pandemic. Please do not hesitate to reach out for guidance. We are happy to supply references for medical treatment and testing.
Stay Safe and Play Well,
The Medical Advisory Committee
Dr. Rory Snepar - Chairman
Dr. Steve Lisser
Dr. Steve Landers
Dr. Stuart Leff
Mr. Jason Hoitt
Mr. Matthew Lynch, Rules & Protocol Chairman